COE OFFICE SPACE ASSIGNMENT GUIDELINES
The ultimate responsibility for space allocation (and offices) rests with the
Office of the Dean or his designee.
Office space allocation guideline should consider the following:
* Priorities for space assignments must reflect the needs of the college.
* Individuals should not be asked to move from established offices or areas unless there is an overriding reason for their doing so.
* Allocation priorities should generally be based on seniority of rank and years of service in the College of Education at Texas Tech.
* Final assignments will occur with input from the Executive Committee. Such input could reveal “extenuating circumstances” which could alter the suggested priority listing.
The following is the priority listing for office assignments:
1. Tenure-track faculty
2. Staff members with administrative responsibilities requiring private office space necessary for the essential functioning of the COE
3. Full-time non-tenure track faculty on continuing contracts, such as instructors who have been here five or more years
4. Visiting professors
5. Full-time non-tenure track faculty on continuing contracts, such as instructors who have been here five or more years
6. Office space dedicated to funded “projects,” and graduate assistants participating in active research/training projects (or essential college-related projects and functions)
7. Full-time staff with responsibilities that donot require private office space
8. Part-time faculty and adjunct professors
9. Retired faculty members who are contributing to the COE
10. Part-time staff members
11. Retired faculty members who are not contributing to the COE
12. Office space dedicated to non-funded “projects,” and graduate assistants not participating in research/training projects (Such individuals will most likely be assigned to a carrel in the Graduate Offices, 217 & 261.)
13. Graduate students will be assigned to one space only, either in one of the graduate offices or in a pod, which is close to the professor for whom they work.