COE GUIDELINES FOR KEYS: ISSUING AND RETURNING KEYS
1. Generally, all building key requests will be ordered via e-mail. The Office of Operations, Outreach and Public Relations (113) will fill out the key request forms and send them to the Lock Shop.
2. The The persons for whom keys are assigned will receive an e-mail from the Office telling them when their keys are ready to be picked up from the Lock Shop. The person assigned keys must pick them up from the Physical Plant Lock Shop, in person, with identification, and sign for the keys.
3. A few keys, such as Smart Room keys, will be issued from and returned to the Office of Operations, Outreach, and Public Relations after training by the technology team.
4. According to OP 61.15, no keys are to be transferred from one person to another, regardless of the circumstances. Come to Operations for the keys to be reassigned.
5. When faculty, staff, GPTI, instructor or graduate student leaves the College of Education, the assigned keys MUST be returned to the Office of Operations as part of one’s exit process. The keys will then be returned to the Lock Shop.
6. The Office of Operations will assign the graduate offices and carrels. Keys to graduate offices will be obtained according to Guidelines 1 & 2. Students will come to Office 113 both to obtain and return carrel keys.
7. Graduate students’ key requests for access to other areas other than their assigned offices must be made through email by faculty or staff for whom the student works.
8. Graduate students are employed semester-by-semester and should turn in their keys when a contract period has ended; however, faculty and staff who are willing to take responsibility for their students may submit requests for the students to retain keys over breaks.
9. The Dean’s Office is no longer responsible for opening offices unless the Office of Operations is closed. In which case, the Office of the Dean will assume this task.
10. A fee of $3.00 will be charged each time an office has to be opened by the Office of Operations, with the funds collected going to the Benevolence Fund.