Current Students in the College of Education
Texas Tech University is an exciting place to learn, study, and succeed - from here it's possible! Our faculty and staff are friendly and we aim toward straightforward processes to help our students achieve their career goals.
- Majors/Minors listing
- Online Advising
- Admissions to the Teacher Education Program - Candidates apply to the Teacher Education Program when they have 60 hours towards their degree.
- Certification and Degree Plans
- Teacher Certification Exam Information
- Field Experiences: A minimum of 30 hours of field experience is required prior to student teaching.
- Student Teaching
- Student Teaching Calendar
- Want to Student Teach in Fall 2013?
- Study Abroad
TechTeach is coming to Texas Tech University. We are in the process of building a clinically-intensive, competency-based, teacher preparation program that includes a full-year student teaching experience. These changes are being made to help Texas Tech respond to critics of teacher education and to improve outcomes for K-12 students.
The preparation will set you, as a TechTeacher, ahead of the graduates from other teacher education programs. Watch this short video for more information about what we are planning/building on this video link describing TechTeach.
- There will be no change forced upon candidates who have already started their teacher preparation program.
- The "new program" will not extend the length of the program (the full year of student teaching will be incorporated into the structure that already exists).
- There will be opportunities for you to participate in pilot efforts as desired.